Mesh Wi-FI technology has emerged as a boon for users, mainly commercial. Instead of investing in two separate devices, one can just purchase a mesh wifi system and begin with using seamless internet connectivity. Now, this can easily be achieved with Wavlink Mesh Wi-Fi routers, provided you know how to set it up.
This blog covers all the details on how to install a wavlink mesh WiFi router with ease.
The first step in Wavlink Mesh WiFi setup
The above image shows you about the aesthetics of your Wavlink Mesh WiFi device. It will help you learn about the different buttons and ports on the device.
Things you need to know:
The Default IP address: 192.168.10.1
Default Password: admin
Login web address: wifi.wavlink.com
Mesh SSID: WAVLINK-Mesh_XXXX (XXXX is the model number)
TouchLink SSID: Wavlink-Touch
Beginning with Wavlink Mesh WiFi setup
- Connect the router to the MODEM using an ethernet cable and then plug them both to an electrical outlet.
- Click on the network icon on the bottom right of your computer screen and click on the SSID of your Mesh wifi router. Connect to the same.
- Now, open a web browser of your choice and in the address bar, type 192.168.10.1. If the IP address doesn’t generate any results, you can also use http://wifi.wavlink.com and press the Enter key. You will be directed to the login screen.
- Now, leave the username field blank and in the password field, type admin. Press Login now.
- On the next screen, select your region, time zone, and specify a new login password if you want to change the existing one. Once you have filled in the details, click on the Save button.
- In the wizard section that appears as the next screen, choose the WAN type as PPPoE. Now, if you use a cable TV or fiber cable, choose DHCP as your WAN type. Moreover, if you have been provided with some login information such as IP address, subnet mask and default gateway, choose static IP.
- Below these options, you’ll see the MESh SSID field. You can change the device SSID to your preference.
- Next, from the security type field, select the latest and the most secure type which is usually WPA2-PSK. In the Wi-Fi password field, enter the password that you want to keep for your mesh wifi system.
- Once you have entered all the details, click on the Apply button at the bottom.
- This step concludes the installation process. Now, you can connect your other mesh satellites and they’ll start relaying signals automatically.
Troubleshooting issues with Wavlink MEsh Wifi setup
If you face any kind of trouble accessing the wavlink mesh wifi login page, make sure you try some basic troubleshooting steps like checking the wired connections, the ethernet cables, and restarting the setup once. You can also try checking if there’s any firmware update pending for your device. If even after performing these steps, issues do not go away, you can RESET your device once. RESETting your device will bring back the device to default factory settings and help you resolve the issues pertaining to the same easily.
Furthermore, you can always reach out to the team at our end for help.