The Wavlink AC1200 router is really an affordable way to get wireless coverage across your home. This wifi router delivers Wi-Fi speeds up to 1200 Mbps to support more connected devices to your home network. Wavlink ac1200 router setup is easy and hassle-free with the web browser method. With dual-band Wi-Fi and high-performance antennas, the Wavlink Ac1200 will make sure that you get enough speed and coverage for streaming and gaming. Wavlink router offers a wealth of features including security features and parental controls.
Steps for the Wavlink ac1200 router setup
Wavlink router offers smooth wireless performance throughout the home and easy setup and use. Wavlink router setup is accomplished with the Wavlink app or through a web browser method. Before you proceed with the configuration part, you have to complete the initial hardware setup.
Installing the Wavlink Ac1200 router
- The first step is to connect the LAN cable from the modem to the WAN port on the router.
- Make sure to disconnect the previous connections of your existing modem and turn it off.
- Now, use the Ethernet cable and connect it from the router’s LAN port to your PC.
- Afterward, plug the modem, computer, and the Wavlink router into the power source.
- Turn on the devices and wait for the power LED to start blinking.
- Is the wavlink router flashing red? Get in touch with the Wavelink support team and ask them to fix the issue.
How to login to the Wavlink AC1200 router?
Once you complete the installation, access the Wavlink router login page to manage or configure the router. You can open the web-based utility on the connected device with a web browser. Follow the below steps to log in to the router:
- Firstly, set up the TCP IP protocol on your computer device to automatically obtain an IP address.
- Make sure the computer is connected to the Wavlink wi fi router either through the Ethernet cable or wirelessly.
- If you want to use a wireless connection, then you need to connect to the SSID network name of the router.
- The Wavlink’s network name and password are printed on the product’s label or in its user manual.
- Next, open your default web browser like Mozilla Firefox, chrome, or more on the computer system.
- Then type the default gateway address of Wavlink wifi.wavlink.com in the address field to open the Wavlink router’s web interface.
- If wifi.wavlink.com refused to connect, you can enter the default IP address i.e. http 192.168.10.1 in the browser’s address bar. Press enter.
- Now, enter the admin username and password of the Wavlink Ac1200 router in the given fields and then press login.
- It will redirect you to the Wavlink Ac1200 router setup page where you will configure a range of settings.
- Click OK to set up your Wavlink router in the Router mode.
Configure the Wavlink router network settings
- First of all, choose your internet connection type such as PPPoE, static, dynamic under the Wireless settings.
- Now, you would be asked to change the SSID network name and password of your Wavlink Ac1200 router.
- Enter a new name in the SSID field and a complex password in the Passphrase key field to secure your router’s network.
- You can choose the wireless channel 1,6, or 11 to avoid any wireless interference.
- Under the Security tab, choose the security mode and the most advanced encryption key such as WPA2/WPA2-PSK.
- Finally, save all the configurations you have made by clicking on the Apply button.
How to change the Admin password of the Wavlink router?
Your Wavlink wi fi router comes with the default login credentials that you should change for security purposes. Follow the steps below to change the Wavlink admin default password:
- Type http 192.168.10.1 or wifi.wavlink.com in the browser’s address bar to access the Wavlink Ac1200 router setup page.
- Now, click on the Admin option.
- In the Login Password, enter a new password.
- Then retype the password in the Confirm Password field. Click Apply.
Steps to reset the Wavlink wireless router
If you forget the Wavlink router’s password, then you can reset it to the factory defaults. To do the factory reset on the Wavlink device, follow the steps below:
- First, log in to the router’s web interface and click on Administration.
- Then click on the Factory Reset option to reset your router back to the factory default settings.
- Once done, you would need to perform the Wavlink Ac1200 router setup again.
- To know how to reset the Wavlink router using a reset button, call the Wavlink support team.
In this blog, you have learned about the setup and configuration process of the Wavlink wifi router. If you face any issues during the entire process, you can contact the technical team. Dial our helpline number or do a live chat with us now.